Reporting to the Site Paramedic, the incumbent would be able to promote wellness by performing a wide range of medical services at the Woodlark Operations medical facility to ensure the wellbeing of the Employees and local community members (if required in emergency situations) and to respond to patients and trauma in a timely manner ensuring minimal downtime on operation to Woodlark Operations site including contract business partners.
This is a FIFO (or Local) position on 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster (the roster will be amended during the operational phase of the project) for a PNG Citizen. Preferred Points of Hire are Woodlark, Alotau and Port Moresby.
Key roles and responsibilities include.
- Assisting with developing the Mine Medical Clinic.
- Adhering to protocols, norms, rules, and regulations to maintain complete medical records.
- Maintaining a hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with standard healthcare procedures.
- Monitoring patient’s condition and assessing their needs to provide the best possible care and advice.
- Observing and interpreting patient’s symptoms and communicating them to physicians.
- Collaborating with physicians, HEO and Paramedic to devise individualized care plans for patients.
- Assisting with COVID-19 testing and monitoring.
- Performing physical exams and diagnostic tests.
- Collecting patient health histories and counselling patients and their families.
- Educating patients about treatment plans.
- Administering medications, wound care, and other treatment options.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required
- Behaviour consistent with GeoPacific’s values.
- At least 4 – 6 years of hands-on experience in similar role preferably in Mining Operations.
- Formal qualifications issued by a Registered Academic Institution in PNG.
- Previous experience treating a diverse workforce and community.
- An excellent knowledge of Health and Safety Practices.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively manage time.
- A good field experience and knowledge of Construction/Mine Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with experience in the demands and practices of a mining project.
Woodlark Mining Company LTD offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Short-listing for this position commences on the 19 March 2021, however we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date. If your do not hear from us in 20 workdays, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your Resume to: WMLRecruitment@Geopacific.com.au
To be eligible for this role you must be a PNG National and previous applicant for this position need not re-apply.