Reporting to the CFO, and as a member of the Geopacific Resources Limited (GPR) Finance Team, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, debt covenant reporting and project analysis for the GPR Group including the development of the Woodlark Gold Project in Papua New Guinea.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Brisbane. Interstate travel required from time to time.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Producing and maintaining budgets, forecasts, and cost plans and estimates for reporting and decision making.
- Managing cost activities and cost planning for the projects including ensuring correct classification and authorisation of expenditures.
- Producing monthly reports on actual spend vs budget with commentary on variances.
- Identifying variances to budget/forecast in performance results and assessing and identifying areas of improvements for projects.
- Completing regular cost reconciliations and cost forecasts.
- Preparation of reporting required to financiers including (but not limited to) cost to complete certificates and covenant compliance certificates.
- Managing the implementation of the finance module of the ERP system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required
- Behaviour consistent with Geopacific’s Values
- CA or CPA qualified.
- At least 10 years relevant experience.
- Strong commercial focus with an ability to analyse data and articulate concise recommendations.
- Excellent financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Experience in support of an ERP implementation or IT system will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience with PNG companies is desirable.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Confidence in working with large data sets and attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with experience in the demands and practices of a mining project.
Geopacific Resources LTD offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Short-listing for this position commences on the 20 June 2021, however we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date. If your do not hear from us in 20 workdays, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your Resume to: HR@Geopacific.com.au